The rivalry of Team Mario and Team Sonic explodes in an all new winter sports competition — Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. Developed exclusively for the Wii video game system and the Nintendo DS system, this sports party game is a follow-up to the smash hit Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. This game will allow players to take to the snow and ice of Vancouver and Whistler, Host Cities of the 2010 Winter Games, and test their Olympic Spirit in competitive events through their favorite Mario and Sonic characters. With an assortment of new challenging Dream Events and surprises from the world of Mario and Sonic, the stage is set for a winter Olympic experience like no other. Grab your Wii Remote/Nunchuk, Nintendo DS and Wii Balance Board, and get ready to go for gold!
* A multitude of events: Prepare to compete in the Olympic Games with your friends and family! Compete in real Olympic events along with over-the-top Dream Events offer surprising objects and new character-specific moves. Sharpen your team-playing skills with new simultaneous cooperative play on the Wii and get your fill of head-to-head rivalry in the popular competitive events on both the Wii and DS.
* Choose from an assortment of Mario and Sonic characters: Players can choose from their favorite Mario and Sonic characters, including Luigi, Tails, Yoshi, and Knuckles, each with unique movements and stats. A few new faces, including Donkey Kong and Metal Sonic, have also been added to the teams!
* Intuitive controls and full use of hardware:
o Wii: Players are challenged to perform a variety of movements using intuitive controls on the Wii Remote/Nunchuk and Wii Balance Board as they simulate real-life movements, and skate, ski and snowboard their way to glory. Single, multi-player and co-op offer fun for players of all ages!
o DS: Intuitive and accessible gameplay mechanics use the stylus, buttons and D-pad. Wi-Fi ranking and wireless functionalities add to the single and multi-player fun! Download events from a single cart for multiplayer fun anytime, anywhere.
* Wii modes of play: Compete in single events in the individual mode and team mode, or challenge your friends to an entire Olympic competition! A new “Festival Mode” also allow players to experience the full campaign (single and multi-player). This includes new “boss” competitions against unique Mario and Sonic characters.
* New DS-exclusive “Adventure Tours”: Developed for the DS audience in mind, not only can a user enjoy a single player Olympic Winter Games sporting experience, but a new in-depth story mode also awaits! This promises the player an exciting adventure filled with diverse missions, boss encounters and a chance to save the 2010 Winter Games.